Management System, Compatible to accreditation criteria (ISO Guide 25, NEPLAS & ISO 17025)
The NESS environmental laboratory was the first laboratory to be accredited by the Nepal Bureau of standards and meteorology of industry, commerce and supplies, government of Nepal. The laboratory is accredited for the analyses and monitoring of water, waste-water, cement, sand, aggregates, fertilizers, soil, food products, sprit and alcoholic drinks, air pollutants, coal, plant matter, rock and minerals, bricks and ceramic, molasses etc. it is also enlisted with the ministry of population and environment . The NESS laboratory is also enlisted with the ministry of population and environment. The NESS laboratory is also enlisted as official laboratory with the ministry of agriculture for the analyses of fertilizers and pesticides.
To contribute for sustainable development of Nepal by Providing reliable scientific data and services.
The entire laboratory activity is streamlined through the policies, objectives and plans as depicted in its own Laboratory Quality Control Manual.
- The chain of custody is totally followed from sample entry, storage, work distribution, sample preparation, analysis to reporting.
- The laboratory assures its quality by adopting standard Quality Control Measures as mentioned in its manual for storage, preparation, analysis and documentation.
- Physical: Building/ Environmental, Equipments/ Instruments – Calibrated & Verified Equipments
- Human Resources: Director, QC Manager, Chemist, Microbiologist, Assistant Chemist, Lab. Assistants
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
The laboratory has developed its own Standard Operating Procedure for regular analysis which are compatible to recognized international standards & guidelines (IS, NS, ISO, APHA, AOAC, ASTM, DIN, CODEX, JIS, WHO, FAO, UNICEF, WB, NIOSH etc.)
Quality Assurance/ Control (QA/QC)
- As per laboratory quality control manual